"A great game!! Try it out and fall in love!" - Tyler of RollPG13 Podcast
"Been a long time since I have seen such a unique game for the table top" - Michelle of Creative Sphere Studios
"I generally plan EXTENSIVELY when running a game as DM/GM, and the same when I'm a player. Suited says "okay. That's cool. Put your drawing board away. It's time to just LIVE."
- Paul of On The Shoulder Podcast
" . . . so freaking cool. I can't wait to get a chance to play it. " - Brad from The Fate of Isen Podcast
"Gives me an excuse to buy more fancy bicycle cards." - David of the Lakeland Role Playing Guild
Suited is an adaptable game system that can be used to play any genre you want with as little as a single deck of playing cards. Rules-light with only a moderate amount of crunch, Suited is easy for new players to pick up and learn, while having just enough rules for those people that enjoy having mechanics to play with. We currently have six released genre playset tables:
- Fight the Zombiearchy - The 1950's were full of technological advancements and marvels from nuclear submarines to orbiting satellites. Gas was only 25¢ a gallon, root beer was still made with pure sassafrass, and President Eisenhower has just approved the creation of NASA. It is a time of imagination with dime-store novels, science fiction movies, and TV shows pouring out in the thousands. But it is also a time of social strife, a time of everything, and everyone having a place and goodness help anyone that tries to buck the system! But what happens when those Science Fiction stories come true and all of the men start turning into B-Movie Science Fiction monsters? Will you rise up and defend yourself and the children . . . or will you stay in your place and become the next meal for the monstrous horde?
- In the Shadows – For centuries humans have talked about creatures that live in the darkness, shadows that move in the corner of their eyes, of powerful predators that feed on their blood, and of mystical creatures that beguile and bewitch. The In the Shadows Playset is focused on the creatures of these tales and of the conflict that arises when they come into conflict with each other. This playset is for the fans of Danny McBride’s Underworld Movies, the tongue-in-cheek all out action of Stephen Sommers Van Helsing and Ehren Kruger’s The Brothers Grimm, or the solemn horror of Bram Stroker’s Dracula.
- Noir - A crimes been done and you guys and dolls are the only ones that can solve it! Go back in time to the Hollywood heydays of the Film Noir in this setting inspired by the likes of Chester Gould's Dick Tracy, John Huston's adaption of Dashiell Hammett's The Maltese Falcon, and games like Rockstar Game's L.A. Noir.
- Pelts – In Pelts you take on the role of Anthropomorphic animals that must set out on an epic quest to retrieve a lost relic of bygone heroes in order to save your home from the villainous hordes attacking it. The setting is loosly based on a Middle Ages level of technology and is designed to evoke the feeling of childhood classics like the Redwall Series by Brian Jacques, The Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O’Brien, the Warriors Series by Erin Hunter, and The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.
- Plunder – In Plunder you are the crew of an irreputable pirate ship that has suddenly found itself in possession of a valuable cargo, surrounded by a sea of trouble, trouble, and even more trouble. The Plunder playset is designed to mimic the high-stakes adventures and mystical mayhem that takes place in Pirate adventures like Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy, the Liveship Traders Trilogy by Robin Hobb, and Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island.
- Post-Apocalypse - Put on your dirty and scuffed up football gear and grab your spiked clubs because this one is going to be one heck of a wild ride! In the Post-Apocalypse setting you take on the role of a survivor, someone that didn't die off in one of many potential apocalypses. Inspiration for this genre playset was taken from Mad Max by George Miller, John Christopher's The Tripods Series, and Kevin Reynold's Waterworld.
- Space Time – Welcome to the Away Team Sailor! In Space Time you take on the role of shipmates that work aboard a Universal Peacekeeping Corps Starship. You have been sent to an alien planet to help deal with a crisis that has popped up, but weird and annoying disturbances keep interrupting your progress. Can you solve the crisis and deal with all of the disturbances without ended up dead? Good luck, and here’s hoping your uniform isn’t red! Space Time is meant to evoke the feeling of classic exploration science fiction and space operas such as the Star Trek Series by Gene Roddenbury, the Farscape Series by Rockne S. O’Bannon, and the Battlestar Galactica Series by Glen A. Larson.
- Super Powered – In a world filled with dangerously smart, dangerously powered, and dangerously devilish and dastardly villains, only your crew’s dashing and daringly dramatic actions . . . and large amounts of property damage can save everyone’s lives! In the Super Powered playset players take on the role of superheroes and do-gooders that have to save the day from equally powerful and deranged villains. This playset is best suited for those who wish to play a game evoking Disney’s The Incredibles, DC’s Detective Comics, and the high-octane action of Disney’s Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Western - Some Varmint is up to trouble and you and your posse have gotta stop them! So saddle up yer horses, put on your cowboy hats and hit the trails! In the Western playset you take on the role of a hero from the glory days of the Wild West that has an important mission to carry out. Inspiration for this playset was taken from George P. Cosmatos's Tombstone, Sergio Leone's A Fistful of Dollars, and Mel Brook's Blazing Saddles.
- Wuxia Gushi – Translating literally as “Martial Heroes Ancient Poetry”, Wuxia Gushi places you in the position of a highly trained martial artist that finds themselves caught up in a sudden journey through Ancient China escorting a very valuable relic. This genre playset is not designed for people looking for a realistic and serious game, but is more designed to evoke the feeling of Stephen Chow’s Kung Fu Hustle, Journey to the West by Wu Cheng’en, and Ang Lee’s Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
Each of the included genres comes with tables for random character creation and world generation, as well as a quickstart adventure fill-in-the-blank form for getting the rough outlines of a one shot game designed.
Suited's Key Features:
- Fast-paced card-driven game mechanics
- Multi-genre play system
- Easy to learn rules for fast pick up and play
- Tables for randomly generated characters and one-shot missions
- Opposed actions resolution system for encouraging narrative
- Great for new players experiencing their first Tabletop RPG